The Need for ESA Letters
Even before we go into our express pet certify review, let’s start with the all-important question; why is it necessary to have an ESA letter?
With an ESA letter, you can do the following.
Travel by plane with your ESA in your passenger cabin without having to pay any additional fee as provided for under the Air Carrier Access Act (ACCA.)
Rent any house or apartment of your choosing regardless of any pet policy they may have without having to pay an additional fee. You will enjoy all the provisions and protections of the Fair Housing Act (FHA).
Express Pet Certify claims to offer these ESA letters. Here is an in-depth expresspetcertify.com review highlight what to expect and what to look out for.
About the Site
In addition to describing itself as a portal specializing in ESA letters and supplies for service animals, Express Pet Certify goes ahead to claim that, to date, it has issued over 50,000 ESA letters.
The Process of Getting your ESA Letter
According to Express Pet Certify, you can get your ESA letter in 3 steps.
Qualify for an ESA letter by filling out an online questionnaire.
Choose a plan, selecting which type of ESA letter you would like and whether it is for single or multiple animals. You then proceed to fill out your payment details.
Has your questionnaire reviewed by a mental health professional for approval? The site mentions that the mental health professional may choose to reach out for a follow-up.
Express Pet Certify states that once approved. You will receive your letter on the same day.
According to the site, you can get the following:
- $99 for a housing and travel ESA letter combo
- 2 ESA letters for the price of 1 if you have more than one ESA
- $79 for the extras and accessories for your ESA, including an ESA ID card, collar, and vest. Bear in mind that there are no items that your ESA will actually need
A Closer Look
As always, the devil is in the details. In our pet certify express review, we will take a close look at these details. Our highlights of what you may miss include the following details.
- While the website lists a phone number and a physical location, neither of these details can be verified.
- Express Pet Certify makes mention of having licensed mental health professionals. This is good, except for the fact that it doesn’t explicitly say anything about speaking to the professional as part of your assessment for the ESA letter. The site says that the mental health professional reviews customers applications and they may “follow up,”
- The website gives a blanket statement about their mental health professionals being licensed. It does not go into detail about the specific qualifications of these doctors. Additionally, the site makes no note about these mental health professionals working with customers in the state in which they are licensed as is required.
What Others are Saying
There are many express pets certify reviews from customers who have turned to the site for their ESA letter. Unfortunately, all the customer reviews are very negative. Looking through all the expresspetcertify reviews only, no one seems to have something positive to say about the site and their service.
Here is the gist of the customer reviews of Express Pet Certify
Some customers noticed that the letters were signed by a social worker and not a mental health professional, as stated on the site. This alone makes the issued letter not legitimate.
Some customers have unsuccessfully tried to secure a refund, even though the site says that it offers a full refund if not approved for an ESA letter. Some have even gone ahead to file charges against the site owners to secure this refund.