About the Site
First on our CertaPet review is, of course, the site’s offerings. CertaPet’s self-description of its services says that it offers clients a free Emotional Support Animal (ESA) assessment to get information about potential qualifications for an ESA letter.
The site goes ahead to list the many benefits of having an ESA. These include helping people with various emotional and mental issues sleep better, boost self-esteem and confidence, and reduce their anxiety. All this, to improve the quality of life of the ESA owner.
According to the site, it helps its clients to get approved and legitimate ESA letters, with which the ESA owner can
- Avoid pet and animal restrictions imposed by landlords.
- Avoid additional unfair fees when renting a place to live and when traveling.
- Have a hassle-free time when traveling as their ESA can get on the plane with them.
According to CertaPet, clients need only follow a 3-step process, as highlighted below, to receive an ESA letter from the site.
Step # 1: Fill out the online questionnaire provided
Step #2: Talk to a therapist
Step # 3: Get assessed and qualify for an ESA letter.
CertaPet states that your ESA letter will be shipped out to you within 48 hours if you qualify.
CertaPet is upfront with its pricing. The site will cost you $ 149.99 to get either a housing or travel letter. On the other hand, a combined package will cost you just under $ 200.
Questions about the Website
There aren’t that many CertaPet.com reviews online and more customer reviews. That said, here is a compilation of some of the questions raised about the website.
- CertaPet speaks of itself as a telehealth platform that connects clients with a licensed medical health professional (LMHP.) Of course, this is a requirement of the legitimate ESA Letter process. However, it doesn’t indicate whether this assessment will be in person or via teleconference.
- A great ESA letter website details how a customer will communicate with the licensed medical professional and what to expect from this exchange. It helps a customer be better prepared for the session.
- The site also doesn’t list the location and qualifications, or professional background of these medical professionals. This is crucial information as no trained medical professional can sign off on an ESA letter.
- The mental health professional assessing eligibility for and signing off on an ESA letter must be licensed. Said professional must also be from the same state as the ESA owner seeking the letter.
- CertaPet doesn’t list how customers can reach out to them with any issues or questions. There is no listed physical address on the website. While there is an email address listed and a phone number, the website does not indicate that a responsive customer support team operates either channel. Other CertaPet reviews have not shared insights on whether or not the website responds to issues raised by its customers.
- Lack of a physical address always raises many questions about the legitimacy of any entity. CertaPet.com reviews have narrowed down on this lack of a verifiable physical address as a possible red flag about the website.
According to our CertaPet review, the site does come across as more legitimate than many others out there. However, as highlighted, there are still some big questions that you cannot afford to ignore.